Local Restrictions Governing Traveling Shows and Circuses in the U.S. and Canada
- Corona - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Encinitas - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Huntington Beach - Bans display of exotic animals.
- Marin County - Regulates animal acts.
- Newport Beach - Proclamation from Mayor that city will not display wild or exotic animals for entertainment.
- Pasadena - Bans display of wild or exotic animals and rodeos on city property; restricts displays of domestic animals.
- Rohnert Park - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Santa Ana - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Boulder - Bans display of exotic animals.
- Stamford - Bans carnivals, circuses, and wild west shows.
- Hollywood - Bans animal displays.
- Lauderdale Lakes - Bans exhibition of wild and exotic animals.
- Pompano Beach - Bans animal displays on City property except for educational purposes; regulates display of animals on private property.
- Fulton County - Bans the use of bullhooks and any device or instrument that inflicts pain on, or is likely to cause injury to, an elephant. (E-mail us for a copy of ordinance.)
- Maui County - Bans the display of cetaceans (whales and dolphins).
- St. John - Bans performing animal exhibitions.
- Takoma Park - Bans animal displays.
- Braintree - Town meeting members voted not to allow displays of non-domesticated animals for entertainment.
- Provincetown - Bans the display of wild animals for entertainment.
- Quincy - Bans the use of wild animals in circuses, carnivals, and competitive events.
- Revere - Bans the display of wild animals for entertainment.
- Somerville - Bans the display of exotic animals in circuses, carnivals or any other public spectacle.
- Weymouth - Bans circuses with animal acts.
- Richmond - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Greenburgh - Bans wild or exotic animals from circuses; prohibits all rodeos on town property; bans exotic and wild animal species from "parades, carnivals, races, rides, public shows, trade shows, photo opportunities, or similar undertakings in
which animals perform tricks, fight or participate in performances for amusement."
- Southampton - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Wallkill - Bans public contact with exotic cats and bears.
- Chapel Hill - Prohibits the display of wild and exotic animals.
- Orange County - Bans the display of wild or exotic animals.
- Burlington - Bans the display of wild or exotic animals.
- Fairfax - Regulates public display of animals.
- Fairfax County - Bans physical contact between people and exhibited exotic animals. Elephants used for rides are exempted.
- Spotsylvania County - Bans physical contact between people and exhibited exotic animals.
- Redmond - Bans wild or exotic animal displays.
- Port Townsend – Bans the display of wild or exotic animals.
- Madison - Bans public displays of cougars and bears.
- New Westminster
- North Vancouver
- Prince George
- Salmon Arm
- East Gwillimbury